Major League Soccer has been a constant growth in popularity, quality, and the amount in the United States and Canada.When Real Salt Lake and Chivas USA joined the league in 2005, there was still some fairly poorly played soccer happening. Now, just six decades later we’ve teams which could arguably play in a few greater leagues around the planet. Cuauhtemoc Blanco joined the Chicago Fire for a few years and increased the popularity of football in America, especially for Mexican soccer enthusiasts.
Mexican Game History
- Liga MX is the top level football league system. The league contains 18 clubs. Every year they would be playing an international soccer game. Though Mexican team did not win any international titles still twice went to finals and having a lot of fans all over the world.
- In 2011 Real Estate Salt Lake participated in the CONCACAF Champions League final, only losing by one goal to a dominant team from Mexico. Now in the same tournament and although is still in the group stages of this season, the MLS has teams making a powerful statement to the other teams in the championship.
- If you would like to see the popularity of the fans of Major League Soccer, we recommend you watch a Portland Timbers or Seattle Sounders game. The fans come out in huge numbers and are loud and energetic during the match. If you believe they’re loud when viewing them on TV, imagine going to your game! It’s amazing to see 30,000 people erupt in excitement when the home team scores.
- There are now 18 teams in the league, with the other group to join in and plans for a 20th to join shortly. Sporting Kansas City only opened a brand-new, state of the art arena that unites several other soccer-specific stadiums around the league, with a lot more teams looking to have their very own football homes soon.
- Although soccer isn’t the number one game in the United States and Canada, it is beginning to make its While we see other sports badges fighting with lockouts and unhappy players, Major League Soccer was moving in a favorable direction for years.
- Big players are attracted from the Major League Soccer as well as big names in North America are getting involved. When the Vancouver Whitecaps combined this in 2011, it’s because Steve Nash was a big part of this. He is a partial owner of the club. Drew Carey is a minority owner of the Seattle Sounders, among the most exciting teams to watch.